Monday 23 January 2012

Core stability class number two

No balls in the face this week, but plenty of arses unfortunately. Today's class was a bit too busy for my liking. I'm not massively confident on the Swiss exercise ball, which means one false move and you're careering into your neighbour's space. Consequently, I spent much of the hour desperately trying to find a safe haven. At one point, I felt I was just in the way and contemplated leaving early. I feel much the same at parties. However, unlike at parties, I didn't reach for the tequila; instead I focused on tucking in my pelvic floor, engaging my abs and dropping my shoulders. Afterwards I was pleased I had persevered because my core felt much stronger and my tum was nearly inverted. Or at least it was until I got home and embarked upon a Spanish omelette fiesta. I'm now letting my lunch go down before I have a bath. You're supposed to wait an hour, aren't you? Or is that just swimming? Either way, a great start to the training week. I think it's going to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment