Wednesday 15 February 2012

New year's revelation

Yesterday morning I went to the gym before work. I did 30 minutes: 20 minutes on the running machine, then 10 minutes of stretching and core strength.

In the past, I would only go to the gym - or for a run - or do anything really, if I felt I had the time to do a proper job. This 'all or nothing' attitude resulted, more often than not, in nothing.

This year's lesson has been you don't have to go the whole hog to make a difference. Put another way, half a hog is better than no hog.

Speaking of which, I'm off to my parents' on Sunday. Mum has already promised to roast the biggest piece of pork known to man. On this occasion, I will be more than happy to go the whole hog. In fact, I can't wait. Bring on the pig.

(Stats: Interval training: 20 minutes on running machine: 10 minute warm-up, followed by 10 minutes of one minute fast, one minute slow. My heart rate varied between 82 to 162 and my pace from 8kph to 12.5kph. Going to see if I can get up to 13k tomorrow. I'm flying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment