Tuesday 20 December 2011

It's a man's, man's, man's pond...


On Sunday, I pottered off for a swim on the Heath, only to discover the ladies' pond was closed. Iced over. A sign indicated we could use the men's instead.

How exciting! Not only is the men's pond much larger than the ladies', it also has a diving board. I didn't take advantage. I was nursing a sore head so had no intention of smashing it into the (literally) ice cold water. But it was great to have a nose around 'someone else's house'. I discovered the men also have a mini-gym, a tennis court and, most interestingly, a nude sunbathing area. That's prohibited at the ladies'. I think at the men's it may well be compulsory.

(Pond temp: 3 degrees. As the blackboard said: Very cold. Very very very cold. But good for a hangover.)

No comments:

Post a Comment