Thursday 24 November 2011

What not to eat

It may be okay to go to work on an egg, but it's not a good idea to go for a run on a vanilla cappuccino and a bag of crisps.

Last night was running club night. About an hour and a half pre-run, I was feeling peckish so tucked in, figuring there was plenty of time for the food and drink to settle. I was wrong. Three-quarters of the way into the run, I was feeling so nauseous I had to resort to singing 'Top of the World' out loud to distract myself. I imagine this made for a rather odd scene, but was preferable to throwing up in a bin on Park Lane.

Unpleasant as the experience was, I'm mindful you never know how you're going to feel on 'marathon day'. At least I now have a bit of a strategy for running with sickness. Should the situation arise, let's just hope my fellow runners like The Carpenters.

(Stats: 6.53 miles; 1 hour 6 minutes 27 seconds; 10.10 minute/mile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment