Monday 28 November 2011

The best laid plans of mice and me

So, today's long run turned into the shortest run ever. In fact, I'm not sure making it to the end of the road and back even counts as a run. It easily surpasses my previous 6-minute record for brevity.

I made the mistake of leaving it too long after waking up to head out. This took me into the no-man's-land of hungry, but not wanting to eat before I ran. My grumbling tummy was moaning loudly before I left the house and manifested itself in an abject lack of energy. Displaying my usual levels of commitment and will-power, I immediately gave up and came home for poached eggs on toast instead.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to run this afternoon as I'm heading off for the week, but the good news is I'm heading to Devon. That means I can do my long run tomorrow in the countryside and give my lungs a much-needed airing. Another brilliant plan. What could possibly go wrong?

(Stats are too short and sweet to report today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment