Wednesday 6 April 2011

If you can't stand the heat... (I'm not sure I can)

So, today's temperature reached a mighty 20 degrees. Hot enough for me to reconsider doing tonight's club run. Then I remembered my half-marathon is in the middle of June. Hmmm... best get used to the heat.

This week's aim was 7.2 miles. We set off in pace groups. My group turned out to have one member. I pootled along at the back of the pack with the aim of keeping the small gaggle in front of me in sight. On a couple of occasions I caught up with them (as they stood waiting for traffic). But with crushing inevitability the lights would change on my arrival and they'd sprint off. No rest for me.

I have to say, I was not the best version of myself tonight and I'd like to apologize to all the kind people who dropped back to offer encouragement and were met with a brick wall of resentment. I blame the lack of oxygen.

In a nutshell, I did the 7.2 miles in 1.06.11 (9.28 minute/mile). I am struggling a bit at the moment. I do hope it's a prelude to a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment