Sunday 2 June 2013

"I think you're second."



Really. I think that's highly unlikely. Especially as I can see hundreds of runners in front of me and still have a lap and a half to go. Ah.. turned out the marshal was talking to the superhuman zooming up my inside at 100mph. Hey ho, I was still having a good run. Given today's Regent's Park 10k was my first race (and I use that term loosely) since the Brighton marathon a year ago, I felt it went very well. The first two laps were lovely, the final lap was a bit more painful. That said, with the encouragement of a man with a loudspeaker, I was pleased to end with a sprint finish. I noticed my gun time was around 55 and a half minutes. However, I'm secretly hoping my chip time will be quicker as it took a while to cross the start line - possibly not the ten minutes I'm hoping for, but 30 seconds, at least. Highly recommend the course. Fairly flat, a few gentle undulations. And you get to run past London Zoo at breakfast time, which means, for once, I wasn't the only one making funny noises.

(Pic: London Zoo monkey island: I thought it was a monkey perched atop this rock but now, having zoomed in, I'm not so sure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment