Wednesday 14 September 2011

The day I didn't meet Mo Farah

So, Mo was doing a 5k run around Regent's Park this morning at 7 am. I'd mentally signed up for this unique opportunity, not only to run with an elite athlete, but also to earn a free breakfast. The first 250 finishers would get a free feed courtesy of the Holiday Inn. What's not to love? Dragging myself out of bed before 6.30 would be a challenge, but worth it.

Worth it, had I not spent the night awake counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until I had to get up for work. It may be unjust, but I'm currently laying the blame at the door of a Vietnamese coffee I had yesterday afternoon. It was absolutely lovely, but it left me wired for hours. I did a run, had a bath, tidied my room, did some washing... the effect showed no signs of abating. Finally, around 4 am, I drifted off. Suffice to say, getting up for breakfast with Mo was the last thing on my mind.

Probably just as well. I was so sleepy I inadvertently spent half the day with my top on inside-out. A colleague pointed it out at lunchtime. I disturbed him further by saying I was too tired to correct it. He gave me a wide berth after that.

Anyway, here's a review from someone who did make the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment