Friday 2 April 2021

Not coming easy

Years ago, if I had a break from running, it would be tough for a week or so but would get easier quickly. Not any more. I just went for a little run and it was like starting from scratch. I guess the issue is years ago I was a stone lighter and more active on a daily basis. If I went for a run, it would be in addition to an average of five miles of walking a day. Not now. If I go out for a run, then that's it. I'd blame the pandemic but my life became more sedentary when I moved into a studio flat in 2016. The novelty of having my own place resulted in more time in it - mostly in the fridge. And given I can commando roll from bed to kitchen to bathroom and back (and often do) there's less movement in general. Maybe if I can pledge to leave the house at least twice a day, this may work. Today my second outing will be to the pond for a bit of cryotherapy. Hopefully I can freeze off a decade. Stats: 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment