Thursday 1 April 2021

Egg

Rehab was going well when I noticed - or a friend pointed out - my ankle looked like a melon. Or a lemon, at least. It wasn't painful but it was swollen. So I paused my runs and went swimming instead. Hooray for the re-opening of the ponds and lido. Double hooray for the minor heatwave. At 8 degrees the pond was freezing so I didn't stay in for long. The next day was the same. However, today - at the lido - it was warmer. 12 degrees. I guess the reflective surface on the bottom of the pool had 'heated' it through. I stayed in for about 5 minutes. It took a flask of tea and hot pasty to reheat my core. A greedy Golden Retriever tried to steal my pasty but I leapt out of the way. I love dogs but, when I'm cold, I love hot pasties more. Stats: 2 lengths of the lido.

No comments:

Post a Comment