Wednesday 24 March 2021

Single leg jumps compass

When I was at youth club my friends and I would line up and do a certain dance. I don't know what you'd call it but the dance involved two steps forward, three steps back, a kind of little jump then you recommenced the move. This is the worst description but it was a versatile dance you could do at every speed to every song - from Come on Eileen to Eye of the Tiger. We took it very seriously. I was reminded of it today during ankle rehab. 'Single leg jumps compass' involves standing on one leg then hopping onto the other around the points of the compass. It aims to build strength and proprioception. It occurred to me after a couple of sets it was not dissimilar to my 1980s' youth club dance. So I put on a record and did the dance instead. Even with an additional 38 years and five stone, it was most enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment