Sunday 9 May 2021

Unexpected run

Yesterday I was supposed to be in Swindon. British Rail had other ideas. Instead I went for a run. As I get older I find myself having the same epiphanies over and over again. Eighteen months ago I realised I have more enjoyable runs if I first walk to the heath before setting off on the run proper (thank you Henry Kelly). This is because there is a steep hill outside my house. I'm not great on hills. I'm particularly not great on hills when they start my run. So 18 months ago I decided a walk to heath then run would be the best idea. Then I forgot all about it till yesterday. Same ephiphany. Same walk. Same run. Same increased enjoyment from not overfilling my muscles with lactic acid on the way up. Hopefully writing this will act as a reminder so this approach becomes practice not epiphany. Stats: 3.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment