Monday 16 April 2018

Exhale. Exhale. Exhale

I’ve said it before (in my head) so I’ll say it again: running in London is like training at altitude.

Except in London, it's the pollution that makes it harder.

I remember this every time I'm in the countryside.

Yesterday I did a slow, gentle loop of Rushden lakes (which is in Northamptonshire or, quite possibly, Bedfordshire, signage was confusing). The run felt easy compared to normal - with relatively little snotting and wheezing. Admittedly, it was very flat versus hilly Hampstead so that could be a contributory factor. But I might get myself a little pollution mask anyway because, if nothing else, it’ll protect others from all the snotting and wheezing.

Stats: 4.6 miles; 48.26 minutes; 10.31 minute/mile.

Pic: Getting a noseful.

No comments:

Post a Comment