Thursday 28 July 2011

Back in the club

Returned to running club last night. It was good to get back into the swing of things. As usual, Hyde Park boasted its own unique microclimate. It may be snowing in Covent Garden, but it's always hot in Hyde Park. Or that could just be the result of my running labours. Either way, it was nice to see the familiar sites of the hugging bears fountain and the Peter Pan statues. I also have a new inspiration. Last November, when I embarked upon my failed cross-country career, there was a girl who was of a similar speed to me. Since then, she has run the London marathon and become the fittest person alive. Now she can easily maintain an 8 - 8 and a half minute/mile pace, leaving me way behind (literally and metaphorically). This is just the kick up the nether regions I needed and it's motivated my search for a suitable half-marathon. And by suitable, I mean flat.

(Stats: 4.18 miles; 40.14 minutes; 9.37 minute/mile. Quite pleased.)

No comments:

Post a Comment