Sunday 26 January 2014

Age shall not wither her

In Haruki Murakami's book 'What I talk about when I talk about running' he voices the pain of seeing your fitness lost to your youth. Until recently, I shared this fear, but turns out my fitness was lost not to my youth, but to my laziness. Something I've taken pains to address.

Since Christmas, I've run at least once a week and yesterday I managed my fastest parkrun time since June. It's still a minute off my PB (the glory days of April 2012), but two minutes faster than recent averages. Age wasn't withering me. Inactivity was.

Stats: 3.1 miles (5km); 26.26; 8.47 minute/mile.

(Pic: It may be pouring down today, but it was beautiful at Dyrham Park, near Bath, last Sunday. Highly recommend a visit if you're nearby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment